Ten Things Every Woman Should Follow So They Can Lead
Earlier this week, I was asked “What are the ten most important thing women, 18 to 34, need to know about to remain culturally relevant.” I thought about it and here is my list in no particular order. Add your ideas in the comments.
- Economic Independence: Know that they can pursue their dreams and not starve.
- Reproductive Rights: Be aware of how that the President appoints judges to the Supreme Court and that reproductive laws can vary from state to state.
- Being comfortable with your sexuality: whether you are a serial dater, married, single, lesbian, bisexual. Practicing abstinence counts, too.
- Communicate effectively with grace and like a grown-up. Showing humility with others and stop the baby talk.
- Read about the world both locally and globally: read books, newspapers, magazines and online media. Know what is going on in the world around you.
- Green your life: Be aware of you can be green. More than recycling. It is about using less.
- Being fit: Start now with healthy habits. Walking, running, yoga, going to the gym.
- Enjoy food: Grown your own. Cook your own meals.
- Accept yourself: Be confident about your mind and body. Appreciate your mental quirks and physical being.
- Develop your own personal style: Know what colors and clothes fits your personality and body.