Blog World Expo: Fun, Fun, Fun
I really enjoyed my first Blog World Expo. It was great to meet new people and learn tips on how to make my blogs and social media better. Thanks to Babette Pepaj founder of BakeSpace for producing TechMunch Food Track and for Jenn-Air for providing the demo kitchen.
Things I loved about Blog World:
- Thanks to Babette of BakeSpace for inviting to come and speak. It was fun!
- Meeting my fellow Techmunch panelists–LA Time’s Rene Lynch, LAist’s Lindsay Williams-Ross, and TechZulu’s Amanda Coolong. Our panel rocked!
- Seeing old NYC friends who now live in LA– Jayme Waxman and Tara Settembre.
- Eating lots of steak and shrimp at the Omaha Steaks event. Lovely talking to Todd Simon.
- Getting a hop scotch (butterscotch) cupcake from Kari Haskell of Retro Bakery. She’s cupcake royalty in Las Vegas.
- Meeting Manouschka Guerrier (Single Serving) of Food Network’s Private Chefs of Beverly Hills. She’s a blogger and celebrity chef.
- Seeing Scott Hanselman’s presentation, “32 Ways To Make Your Blog Suck Less“
- Recognizing Brett Erlich at the Techmunch dinner as the host of Rotten Tomatoes on Current.
- Lovely tasting of sashimi, short ribs, octopus at Yellowtail. Thanks Light Group.
- Thanks Pop Chips for a basket of potato chips. I ate a lot of chips.
- Meeting Edouard Lambelet of Paper.li. I wonder if Geneva has a burgeoning tech scene.
- Being interviewed by Sam Smith of Restaurant Business Magazine at the Pepsi booth.
- Getting on stage to sing “Don’t Stop Believing” with a bunch of techies at the Palms. Thanks Mashable.
- Hanging out with Erik Trinidad (Fancy Fast Food) and his buddy Terrence. Brooklyn Represent!
- Tip from Aaron Aviles: when traveling, take a photo of your hotel room number with your phone, so you know where to sleep when you get back after a night of partying.