I really enjoyed my first Blog World Expo. It was great to meet new people and learn tips on how to make my blogs and social media better. Thanks to Babette Pepaj founder of BakeSpace for producing TechMunch Food Track and for Jenn-Air for providing the demo kitchen.
Things I loved about Blog World:
- Thanks to Babette of BakeSpace for inviting to come and speak. It was fun!
- Meeting my fellow Techmunch panelists–LA Time’s Rene Lynch, LAist’s Lindsay Williams-Ross, and TechZulu’s Amanda Coolong. Our panel rocked!
- Seeing old NYC friends who now live in LA– Jayme Waxman and Tara Settembre.
- Eating lots of steak and shrimp at the Omaha Steaks event. Lovely talking to Todd Simon.
- Getting a hop scotch (butterscotch) cupcake from Kari Haskell of Retro Bakery. She’s cupcake royalty in Las Vegas.
- Meeting Manouschka Guerrier (Single Serving) of Food Network’s Private Chefs of Beverly Hills. She’s a blogger and celebrity chef.
- Seeing Scott Hanselman’s presentation, “32 Ways To Make Your Blog Suck Less“
- Recognizing Brett Erlich at the Techmunch dinner as the host of Rotten Tomatoes on Current.
- Lovely tasting of sashimi, short ribs, octopus at Yellowtail. Thanks Light Group.
- Thanks Pop Chips for a basket of potato chips. I ate a lot of chips.
- Meeting Edouard Lambelet of Paper.li. I wonder if Geneva has a burgeoning tech scene.
- Being interviewed by Sam Smith of Restaurant Business Magazine at the Pepsi booth.
- Getting on stage to sing “Don’t Stop Believing” with a bunch of techies at the Palms. Thanks Mashable.
- Hanging out with Erik Trinidad (Fancy Fast Food) and his buddy Terrence. Brooklyn Represent!
- Tip from Aaron Aviles: when traveling, take a photo of your hotel room number with your phone, so you know where to sleep when you get back after a night of partying.
I have attended many conferences, organized many events but this is the first time I have co-produced a conference. Babette and I have been overwhelmed with the positive feedback from TechMUNCH attendees.
It was nice to meet so many smart creative people. I was starstruck to see Jacques Torres as an attendee. All of the panels were informative. The panelists were generous with their expertise. Read Josh Unseth’s SEO presentation and Sarah Evans’ FTC Guidelines.
Thanks to sponsors which included KitchenAid, Robicellis, Tupperware and Valrhona.
Read blog posts from TechMUNCH attendees:
Eric of Garden Fork TV
Frani Lieberman of MBooth PR
The Ivory Hut
Hilary Allard from The Castle Group
Where you can see me talk about blogging in June.
I am co-producing TechMunch NYC which is next week, June 10. I will speaking on a panel about curating content.
Saturday, June 19 I will be at Blogging While Brown in Washington, DC. I will be speaking on a panel with Donna Maria Coles Johnson of Indie Beauty called, “The Business of Blogging: Beyond Ad Networks”.
Old photo that Ryan Brenizer took four years ago at a bridal shower.
May 12: Learn more about the fashion industry Work it Brooklyn Fashion Panel at Kingdom.
June 10: TechMunchNYC, a food blogger workshop at the Roger Smith.*
June 21: Wedding Photography Class with Ryan Brenizer at Adorama.
July 15-18: Stained glass class with Joseph Cavalieri at Urban Glass.
*I am co-producing TechMunch NYC with Babette Pepaj of BakeSpace.
[wpvideo 3wRymVNk w=400 h=300]
While in Austin for SXSW, I also spoke at TechMunchAustin, a food blogging workshop produced by Babette Pepaj of BakeSpace and Jaden Hair of Steamy Kitchen. I will be co-producing the New York event with Babette, so if you are interested contact me here or via twitter (@niche) More details TK, but will probably happen in the next couple of months.